I decided to debut my new blog series today, plainly because I want to start this week with a kick! (Ooh, love how it rhymed!). Apart from recipes, I wanted to add something new on the blog so I came up with PINTERTASTE. The purpose is just to bring recipe Pinterest pins to life and roadtest if they’re indeed what they claimed to be.
The first post of the Pintertaste series goes to the No-Bake Chewy Cookies and Cream Bars (Oreo Bars) by Picky Palate. (See photo below)
Click photo to get full recipe
The instructions are a no-brainer and ingredients are very minimal. All you need are Marshmallows (huge), Oreo cookies and Confectionery sugar (optional).
Now, upon following the recipe, step-by-step, here’s how my Oreo Bars have turned out.
For my verdict?
1. Indeed, true to its claim, Oreo bars are so easy to make.
2. For the taste, well, it’s a little bland for me. Yes, it’s sweet, but I felt like there’s something missing. The distinct taste of Oreo is overpowering. My solution, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of icing sugar. ☺
3. The Oreo mixture is indeed super sticky. So better start mixing right away while marshmallows are hot.
4. For kitchen without microwave oven, a double broiler is your go-to gizmo.
5. These bars can be very sticky, so it’s a must to spray your pan with a non-stick spray or place a parchment paper before pouring the mixture onto the pan.
Enjoy your Oreo bars!