Remember this cheesy, meaty, and tangy nachos from Love Desserts?
When I was invited to dine in at this lovely restaurant, one of the best (and my personal favorite) in their menu was nachos! Its unique and distinct taste is simply captivating! Not to mention its presentation that is nothing short of awesome! BUT you may notice that there is one ingredient missing in the recipe, the tortilla! But as they say, you cannot put a good (nacho) recipe down! 🙂 So, instead of using tortilla chips, crispy deep-fried wonton/lumpia wrappers were used as alternative.
Two months ago, I thought of recreating Love Desserts’ nachos recipe for my daughter’s party and it’s a heart-stealer! My family loved the new “twist” on their nachos!
So there you go; try this very easy, affordable and delicious recipe in any of your special occasion or just about any day!
- 1/2 kg ground pork
- 5 onions (diced)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3-4 green mangoes (diced)
- 1 pack wonton wrappers
- I pack McCormick Taco Mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated cheese
- Heat the pan over medium or high heat
- Pour in oil and saute garlic
- Pour the ground pork
- Saute for 5-10 minutes
- Dissolve taco mix into 1 cup of water
- Mix the taco mixture with the ground pork,
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cover until water evaporates. Set aside.
- Prepare wonton/lumpia wrappers
- Deep-fry each wrapper.
- Flip each wonton/lumpia wrapper not more than 3 seconds until each side turns light brown and crispy
- Break wrapper in bite-size pieces
- Put diced mangoes and onions in a bowl, add ground pork
- Layer fried wonton/lumpia wrappers on top and add LOTS of cheese!!