My craving for mozzarella and pepperoni for the longest time was finally satisfied today! Yay! 😀
It’s holiday here and I’ve got plenty of time to bake today. Nothing is more relaxing to me, than the aroma of freshly baked breads. Ahh! If I’ve got no job, I’d probably be just baking all day, everyday. Lol.
For this recipe, you can make your own dough just like what I did or use fresh or leftover pandesal or ‘monay‘ or burger buns.
If you are familiar with monkey bread, well, this is its Pinoy version! Normally, this recipe requires buttermilk biscuits. I planned making one from scratch but I lacked two of the major ingredients, so I just thought of using- ‘pandesal‘ or bread roll as substitute.
My recipe for pandesal is just the same with my Cinnamon Swirls. I used a stand mixer to knead the dough. Then, let it rise and doubled in size. You will know if your dough is ready for rising when it turns into a soft dough ball.
For the products, I used a can of Jolly Mushrooms and King Sue for the Pepperoni. Tostitos Chunky Salsa is just the perfect dip for this pull-apart bread! It’s around Php 170 for every 15.5oz, but thanks to Ensogo PH I got it for only Php99!
You can browse more grocery items on, www.ensogo.com.ph! It’s complete with all items you need in fashion, travel, furniture, food, family activities and a lot more!
- Pandesal dough
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Tostitos Chunky Salsa (for dip)
- Get a circular or rectangular pan and coat with non-stick spray or cover with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 190 C for 10mins.
- Make small balls of pandesal dough and lay each piece on the pan.
- Cover the dough with generous amount of mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- Top with pepperoni and mushroom
- Then put another layer of cheese until the top is fully covered
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Serve with Tostitos Chunky Salsa Dip